Managing Director - Germany
Geschäftsführender Direktor - Managing Director
Return to Printed Circuit Positions
The MD will have complete responsibility for the organization and the management of the P&L. S/He will play an integral role in defining the top line strategy for Germany in line with the corporate strategy to position the firm as a leading provider of Printed Circuit Board manufacturing and solutions. The objectives for FY2008 are designed to improve our client’s market positioning and the financial performance in achieving this goal. The key areas of focus are:
• To agree, with the Chairman / CEO, a country target breakdown of revenues, EBITDA and growth goals for the business unit.
• Prepare a work plan to achieve the above mentioned growth objectives per business segment with a particular emphasis on: improving quality and effectiveness of all teams; increasing technology level; and driving the company’s revenue and margin growth.
• Ensure business achieved the budgeted level of financial performance.
• Implement and support employee development programs to ensure that our client has the people to support the growth targets and enable orderly succession planning to be in place.
• Implement customer satisfaction measures and plans to ensure the provision of best in class support for the customers.
Without being exhaustive, his/her task will include the following activities:
• Drive overall sales revenues objectives and profitability.
• Monitor, evaluate and drive the implementation of the organizational vision that will ensure increased revenue, profitability and market-share. Part of this process is ensuring the continued transformation of the business.
• Achievement of production goals through managing improvement in production output, including researching and developing methods to ensure and increase efficiency and productivity.
• Analyzing the manufacturing process and developing, staffing and scheduling routines within the process to meet output requirements and analyzing and eliminating non value added activities.
• Establish, monitor and maintain performance measurements in yield, manpower and throughput, ensuring they are visible throughout.
• Working with counterparts in Engineering and Quality through participation in daily Materials Review Board (MRB) to review process performance measures and discrepant material reports and develop corrective action plans to reduce manufacturing costs and improvement through-put
• Participate in quarterly quality reviews, in addition to the continuous collection of data on problems and issues to be prioritized and solved.
• Sign off on process deviations and Engineering Change Notifications (ECN’s)
• Approve all new and revised process instructions
• Maintain positive rapport with all support groups through a teamwork approach
• Select develop train and appraise all members of production management staff
• Actively participate to ensure compliance of quality programs throughout manufacturing
• Continue to attract the best-in-class talent to the company.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, and provide the analysis and strategic changes necessary to capitalize on changing market forces.
• Drive the organisation development plan to address staff recruitment, new employee orientation and assimilation, staff development and ongoing training programs necessary to keep pace with the revenue growth.
• Continue professional development plans to ensure growth of employee contribution to the company and develop succession plans for key positions.
• Adjust and formulate sales revenues, profitability goals and targets, budgets, policies and procedures relative to all operations on a short and long-term basis.
• Provide ongoing customer interaction at senior level and represent the organisation at a variety of national forums.
• Enhance the overall business climate through both formal and informal means in a manner that encourages and promotes creative and entrepreneurial responses to market realities, greatly enhancing business opportunities.
• Review actual sales performance and cost vs. forecast and budgets to identify variances and determine their effect on profitability.
• Knowledge of German labor laws.
• Provide "Leadership by example" to the sales team; increase motivation and retain/develop key talent.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in German and English as required by the job.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field and 8 years of printed circuit board industry, manufacturing or engineering management experience
Inquire about this position